What is on your life-long to-do list? Do you have burning ambitions? Of course you do.
The 2007 film The Bucket List starred Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman as two terminally ill men who go on a road trip with a list of things to do before they kick the bucket.
Not, before anyone asks, that I am terminally ill, or even slightly under the weather. I just think that it's good to know what you're aiming for.
Here is my bucket list:
- See the aurora borealis. A long-held ambition that even defied a trip to Iceland.
- Fly a seaplane to some fabulous Scottish West Coast island hideaway.
Become comfortable with public speaking, maybe even enjoy it.
- Climb Kilimanjaro. Super sister says she's up for this.
- Visit the Australian rellies, in Australia.
- See my sons all settled in homes, jobs and lives that make them happy.
- Learn to salsa dance.
- Get a novel published.
- Go on a yoga retreat.Transatlantic Blonde fancies this.
- Fit back into all those clothes.
- Work less.
- Ski more.
Get a non-fiction book published.Done Conquer the clutter (or at least make peace with it).Lost interest in this Have a lovely garden.And this
- Learn to take good pictures with my lovely new camera.
- To be the kind of confident freelancer who can pick and choose.
- Visit Russia.
- Visit India.
- Stay in an ice hotel. Ms JS of Priority PR, we will do this.
- Visit New Orleans.
- Learn to say no without feeling bad.
- Go fire walking.
- Travel on the Orient Express.
- Spend a night in New York.
- Learn to paint, and I don't mean emulsion.
- Continue to share daily conversations with my lovely husband.
- Continue to spend memorable times with my fabulous family.
- Finish the Times crossword.
See the RSC at Stratford.Thanks mum.
- Climb more mountains.
- Go back to live in Cumbria.
- Cook more food for more people more often.
- Don't leave a day unseized.