|Pan-icking about our holiday|
Once, in 45 years have I gone from beach to bar by simply re-knotting a sarong. Sigh. It was a very, sigh long time ago in St Bart's. Sigh. I still have the sarong but I can no longer put it around myself twice to make a skirt.
My old list might have been something like this. Although I wouldn't have needed a list as my memory still functioned fairly well and I'd be able to pack without being interrupted by someone else's bowel movement.
- Sarong and matching cossie,
- Bikinis and matching shorts (shorts must have pocket big enough for passport because you never know the minute.)
- Pants (small)
- Sunglasses (for posing behind)
- Hangover cure.
- Sunglasses for posing behind.
- Sports kit (full ocean sailing gear or ski-ing stuff, depending)
- Notebook for pretending to record meaningful thoughts
Things have changed somewhat, we're heading off on holiday before long and my list runs to several pages. However, the essential bits looks something like this:
- Capacious and comfy cossie.
- T-shirts and shorts (knee covering)
- Pants (comfy)
- Change of clothes (other peoples, because you never know the minute)
- Sunglasses (for hiding from children behind)
- Wet wipes (many)
- Biscuits (for emergencies)
- Audio books, DVDs, gadget chargers (for other people's entertainment)
- Electronic notebook for pretending to record meaningful thoughts.
- Sports kit (other people's - cricket ball and bat, football and tennis)
Did I forget anything?